Prefecture of Fokida
The responsibilities of the department of educational issues of technical - professional orientation of secondary education
- The foundation, promotion, abolition, relegation, incorporation, transformation, partition, renaming and transfer of school units, sections of courses, fields and skill-providing departments.
- The fluctuation of pupils per class and the division of classes into groups.
- The implementation of timetables and detailed schedules and teaching methods.
- The proposal for the allotment of appropriations and the subsidization to the responsible agents.
- Students' practice on the profession.
- The assignment of school units and the assignment of teachers and of their hours of employment
- The assignment of a person in charge of the school laboratories department and orientation workshops.
- The selection and assignment of directors, assistant directors and heads of departments, school units the assignment of substitute director or a temporary substitute director, the appointment of assistant director office and their discharge of their office.
- Enrollments, transfers, tuition, evaluation, examinations, certificates of studies, absences and rest school issues.
- Vocational guidance.
- The operation of groups of in-school assistance and reception classes.
- The assignment of overtime teaching or the assignment of hourly pay teaching, except the related issues of financial nature.
- Special education.
- School libraries.
- The supervision and control of private school units, of tuition centers and workshops of optional studies.
- Further education and training of teaching staff.
- The assessment of the needs in the building facilities and every kind of laboratory equipment.
- The appointment or detachment of teachers for the completion of the minimum teaching hours.
- The selection of directors of the educational issues department of the Board of Education.
- The study and submission of proposals to the prefectural boards of education on professional education development issues.
- The land-planning allocation of the school units per specialization.
- The fulfillment of the needs in building facilities and every kind of laboratory equipment.
- The observation of the operation of laboratories of the equipment aids supply programme.
- The study and implementation of the schedule for students' practice.
- The constitution and operation of school laboratory centers.
- The school communities and the cultural events apart from the sporting ones.
- The keeping of records of state and private schools no longer in operation and the issuing of certificates of studies of technical and professional education.
- The allocation or cession of school buildings and other school precincts.
- The co-ordination of the performance of the above responsibilities from the secondary education head office on Technical-Professional orientation issues.